cbec has delivered fisheries and barriers services for a range of clients, including utilities companies, government agencies, angling associations and fisheries trusts.
Our staff have a thorough understanding of the hierarchical physical controls on in-stream habitats and the link between sediment transport processes and the quality of aquatic habitats; this knowledge is critical in order that we can identify appropriate solutions to fisheries-related issues.
We have also completed many projects involving barrier management (up to and including full removal), covering all stages of the process from catchment-scale planning / prioritisation, options appraisal, cost development, detailed design, implementation and post-construction monitoring.
cbec offers a range of services to support fisheries management
- Conceptualisation and development of catchment management plans
- Manage license applications for in-channel works (e.g. CAR in Scotland)
- Habitat surveys and associated sampling programmes
- Salmonid spawning/redd surveys
- Design of hydraulic structures (including barrier management/removal)
- Instream habitat enhancement/restoration design
- Construction supervision services for in-channel works
- Design and implementation of monitoring programmes